Booking Terms & Conditions
We aim to provide the very best service to all our guests. We will do our very best to help. If you need these Terms and Conditions and our Booking Form in a different format, please request this.
The Park Owner
(Referred to as “we/us/our”)
Business Name: Serenity Parks Limited
Address: 6 Buccaneer Drive, Auckely, Finningley, Doncaster, DN9 3QP
Telephone: 0800 644 4499
Please note terms and conditions may differ from park to park, please ensure you read through them carefully when making your holiday booking.
“Park Rules” means the rules of conduct and practice issued by us from time to time and applicable to the park. The Park Rules which currently apply to your booking are in Part II of these Terms and Conditions.
“Pitch” does not include any part of the park except that on which the accommodation in which you are staying stands.
“Services” means the services which we have promised to make available without a separate charge to you, for example any utilities to your Pitch. Services for which we make a separate charge are provided under separate agreements and not these Terms and Conditions.
“Site Licence” means the caravan Site Licence applicable to the park issued to us by the local authority under Section 3 of the Caravan Sites and Control of Development Act 1960 (or in the case of Northern Ireland under Section 3 of the Caravans (Northern Ireland) Act 1963) and other relevant statutes.
“You/your” means the person making the booking and all members of their party excluding children under 18. Where there is more than one person, each is fully responsible for the obligations in these Terms and Conditions.
References to taxes and laws are references to them as extended, amended, or replaced from time to time.
- Bookings are accepted for holiday purposes only.
- Bookings must not exceed the stated number of person(s) when booked.
- Only the persons on the booking stated may stay at the caravan or pitch. Over Occupancy will not be Tolerated.
- You shall notify us in writing with any changes to person(s) listed on the booking at the earliest possible opportunity and in any event, prior to arrival at the holiday park.
- Bookings will only be accepted from adults. You are confirming you are over the age 18 and are responsible for your booking and any other person(s) stated in your booking.
- All parties under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- If you request a booking for more than one Pitch, then we may contact you before deciding whether to accept the booking to help us decide whether we are able to provide the holiday experience you are looking for.
- Please make sure that you book all the dates you need. We are not able to guarantee that we will be able to extend your booking.
- We reserve the right to refuse any booking
How to Book
- Bookings can be requested in the following ways:
- Online at serenityparks.co.uk
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By telephone: 0800 644 4499
- This contract is with Serenity Parks Limited. A contract exists as soon as we have issued our confirmation of booking. You are to check this carefully to see that it reflects your wishes. Please inform us of any discrepancy within 7 days unless your holiday is to start within 14 days in which case you should inform us within 24 hours.
Deposits and Our Prices
- Our prices include VAT.
- The price will not be subject to any change unless the rate of VAT changes.
- At the time of booking, you will be requested to make a 25% Holiday deposit payment of the full price of your holiday to provisionally book your holiday.
- You will be requested to make payment in full 12 weeks prior to your arrival. Once payment has been received in full this will secure your booking.
- Any bookings within 12 weeks, you will be required to make payment in full
- Should payment not be received in full 12 weeks prior to your booking, we reserve the right to cancel your holiday. We are not required to send you a reminder. The holiday is liable to be rebooked with the loss of your deposit. We will confirm the cancellation to you in writing by email or letter.
- Should you be staying in one of our Static Accommodation, at the time of booking you will be requested to make a refundable “Good House Keeping Deposit” of £100.00 to cover any loss or damages during your stay. Upon departure, we reserve the right to withhold this payment until such time the caravan has been checked for any, loss, damages, stains, extra cleaning, and replacement of items. We will make any refunds within 28 days of departure. Any deductions of this refund will be notified to the customer alongside reasons of the deduction.
- ALL arrivals (Guests and their visitors) MUST check in at reception at the time of arrival before going to the pitch– even if they know which pitch, they are staying on.
- The check in times for Static Caravans are:
- from: 4pm – 8pm
- If you are staying in one of our static caravans you must tell us by 3pm on your arrival date if you are likely to arrive late (failure to do so may result in you not being able to access the park until the following day).
- No refunds or compensation will be given for late arrivals.
- The check in time for Touring Pitches are:
- from 2pm – 5:30pm
- If you are staying on one of our touring pitches you must tell us by 1pm if you are likely to arrive late (failure to do so may result in you not being able to access the park until the following day).
- No refunds or compensation will be given for late arrivals.
- Times cannot be guaranteed by us if there are extenuating circumstances beyond our control.
- Upon arrival onto any pitch or static caravan, you must notify us of any issues, breakages, damages, supply issues and report to reception within 1 hour of being shown to your pitch or caravan.
- If we have not heard from you within 24 hours of your expected arrival, we may release your booking. In this event you will not be entitled to any refund towards your holiday.
- Seasonal Customers must check in on their day of arrival signing the Seasonal Customer Register and signing out again on their day of departure. An accurate account of numbers on the park at any one time is essential and mandatory in the interest of security and health and safety.
ANPR Barrier System
- We operate an automatic number plate recognition system. It is your responsibility to notify the Park of your vehicle registration number or any subsequent change in your vehicle and to ensure that we have the correct number plate for you. You will be unable to enter or leave the Park otherwise. If the barrier fails to open, please park in the visitor’s bay and walk to reception so that we can check your details.
- We have height restriction barriers at both the entrance and exit of the Park. (2.1m (6’10”). At times and in the interest of site security, the barriers may be closed. If you find this to be the case and you wish to enter or exit the Park, please contact the duty warden (intercom by reception) and they will open it for you.
- You must report to reception upon departure.
- The checkout time for Static Caravans is before: 9am
- The checkout time for Touring Pitches is before: 12pm (Noon)
- Upon departure, please ensure all static caravans and pitches are left in a clean and tidy condition.
- Please ensure any waste has been placed in bins provided on the park.
- You must report any damages caused during your stay when checking out.
- IMPORTANT: Our ANPR barrier will not operate the access gate after 12 Noon on the day of your departure. Should you not vacate your pitch by the specified time, a LATE DEPARTURE CHARGE of £15.00 will become payable.
- We prefer that customers who are unable to take their holiday agree to postpone to a mutually convenient date. However, you may cancel your holiday at any time. Cancellation will be effective on the date it is received by us.
- If you cancel your holiday with us, cancellation charges are payable as follows unless your cancellation is stated as per causes: Death, illness or injury / other cancellations / covid 19 cancellations or cancellation in breach of our terms and conditions.
A. Provided we receive written notice of your cancellation, and it is received more than 12 weeks before start date: Full Refund of payments made
B. Provided we receive written notice of your cancellation, and it is received less than 12 weeks before start date but more than 4 weeks before the start date: Refund of 25% Deposit Payment and Good House Keeping Deposit (if applicable)
C. Cancellation received 4 weeks or less before start date: Refund of Good House Keeping Deposit Only (if applicable)
Death, illness, or injury Cancellation
- If you need to cancel for reasons of death, illness, or injury to you or any member of your party, or death illness or serious injury of a close relative after you have booked and before the start of your holiday, we will refund / credit your money paid as follows:
- Provided we receive written notice of your cancellation more than 4 weeks prior to arrival we will refund your holiday and deposit fee, as long as term 31 is adhered to.
- If you cancel your holiday less than four weeks before your start date, you will only be refunded the good housekeeping deposit.
- In all cases of cancellations, under this term, must be accompanied by doctor’s note or other evidence. We regret that we cannot give refunds for accident / breakdown on your journey down to commence your holiday or for holidays cut short after arrival through accident / illness or any other reason. You are strongly advised to insure against these eventualities.
- If you must cancel or vacate your holiday during your stay for any reason including an emergency, no refund will be made.
- Should we be unable to provide the type of accommodation requested, we will refund any monies paid for the accommodation in full.
Cancellation in Breach of our Terms and Conditions
- We may cancel your holiday if you are in serious breach of your obligations in these Terms and Conditions and the breach is not capable of being remedied or is such that it causes a breakdown in the relationship between you and us (for example violence or intentional damage to property) by serving upon you reasonable notice in writing to cancel your booking. In deciding what period of notice is reasonable, we shall have due regard to the nature of the breach and other relevant circumstances. In appropriate cases, this may mean requiring you to leave the Park immediately.
- If you are in breach of any of your obligations under these Terms and Conditions which is capable of being remedied (for example, a failure to comply with the behaviour standards which has not caused a breakdown in the relationship between you and us) we may write giving you warning, specifying the breach and asking you to remedy the breach within a reasonable and specified time.
- If you do not comply with that warning and the breach is either serious and/or amounts to persistent breaches of obligation, which taken individually would be minor but which taken together cause a breakdown in the relationship between you and us, we are entitled to write to you to cancel your booking. In appropriate cases, the warning we give you may be very short and we may then require you to leave the Park immediately.
- If we cancel your booking under clauses 34 or 35 a) you will not be entitled to a refund of your holiday.
- We strongly recommend at the time of booking you ensure you have independent holiday insurance to cover any losses that may be incurred or due to unexpected cancellation by yourself or your holiday.
- We will insure the Park against usual third-party risks to a minimum of £5,000,000 per claim.
- All caravans entering the Park for whatever purpose (Touring, Winter and Summer Storage or Seasonal Pitches) must be fully insured with a minimum of £2M third party liability cover. It is the registered keeper and/or the person/s making the booking full responsibility to ensure that the caravan is adequately insured at all times and by making any booking fully indemnify Serenity Parks Ltd against any claim arising from an insurable event being rejected due to inadequate insurance cover, no cover in place or from allowing a policy to lapse whether it be deliberate or not.
- Only one private vehicle is allowed to park on each Pitch. Additional vehicles once unloaded must be parked in the visitor’s car park. Any unauthorised vehicle not registered at reception and parked in the visitor’s car park will be clamped and a release fee of £25.00 charged.
- Sleeping in passenger cars is not permitted.
- Commercial vehicles are not accepted however if you have to bring a commercial vehicle to bring your equipment, once unloaded it must be parked in the car park or our storage yard as directed by the Wardens.
- Converted vehicles that you intend to sleep in must be fit for purpose (minimum of a window and a fixed bed in the accommodation area) and any unsuitable vehicles (at the sole discretion of the duty warden) may be refused entry.
- If in doubt please telephone in advance to discuss your vehicle prior to your arrival as a refund will not be given if your vehicle is deemed unsuitable and turned away.
- We do not accept commercial vehicles larger than 1 tonne (panel vans) as there is no adequate space for them to be parked.
- We reserve the right to refuse oversized vehicles/caravans and some continental style vans that have not been previously notified to us in advance. We have limited pitches available to accommodate these vehicles. These include but not limited to American RV’s, Hobby & Fendt caravans. Oversized vehicles may be refused entry to the park and where we have not been notified, you will not be entitled to a refund.
- The charging of Electric Vehicles is not permitted on the pitch. The cost of doing so is not included in your pitch electricity charge (General domestic use only) and there is the risk of overloading our electricity system. We anticipate having a dedicated EV charging point at some time in the near future. Further information can be obtained from reception.
- All vehicles arriving on the Park must be fit for purpose, roadworthy, fully insured, taxed and only driven by Full Licence Holders. Provisional drivers are not permitted to drive on the Park whatsoever. Please do not allow children to sit on your lap when driving through the Park. The Road Traffic Act applies to all areas.
- Please do not park your vehicle anywhere other than outside reception, on your pitch or in the Visitor’s Parking Area. Please do not park outside the toilet blocks, on adjacent vacant pitches or on the nearby grass verges as this is a hazard and causes an obstruction. Second vehicles and commercial vehicles once unloaded will need to be parked in the visitors parking area.
- In the interest of safety and welfare of everyone on the Park we operate a strict 5MPH speed limit (Slow walking pace, maximum 1st gear). We block registration plates from entering the park that are unable to adhere to this polite request and you will have to walk to your pitch for the remainder of your holiday. Children have absolute priority over all vehicles at all times of the day and night. Reckless drivers will be asked to leave the Park immediately and without a refund.
- Emergency access and departure can be obtained at any time but in an emergency situation you must alert a Warden by pressing the Emergency Bell at reception.
- Whilst we endeavour to allocate the Pitch or Static Caravan of your specified choice (if one has been requested), it cannot be guaranteed even if it appears on your booking confirmation. We reserve the right to change the allocation without prior notice and at our sole discretion should we deem it necessary for strategic and/or maintenance reasons. We will always try to place groups adjacent to each other or as near as possible, but this will never be assured.
- When shown to your pitch, please take note of the instructions given by the Warden. They will point out the nearest Fire Point, Shower Block and pedestrian access points.
- We reserve the right to move any oversized tents to an alternative pitch in the interest of FIRE SAFETY.
- Should your equipment not fit within the pitch allocated and you require a further pitch, this will be at the charge of an extra pitch.
- Any tent measuring more than 7 metres will incur a £10 surcharge. Any tent measuring more than 8 metres x 4 metres (including guy ropes) will require a double pitch at cost.
- Extra accommodation tents on the same pitch as another unit cannot be any larger than a standard two-man tent. Larger tents will require their own pitch and will be required to pay the full pitch fee. We do not permit a gazebo and an additional tent on the same pitch.
- Any tent incorrectly pitched and encroaching their neighbour’s space will be asked to move it. This includes guy ropes and vehicles. IF IN DOUBT – ASK A WARDEN BEFORE SETTING UP.
- In the interest of Fire Safety, no accommodation unit is permitted to be closer than 3 metres from its neighbour on the adjoining pitch.
- We hold a key to all the accommodation we own on the Park.
- If you are staying in our accommodation, we may use the key for any purpose authorised by you, for example if you ask us to give access to an authorised visitor. We may require you to confirm your authority in writing.
- We may also use the key in an emergency, such as an immediate concern for the health and safety of any person, to carry out urgent repairs or preventative work, or to check and secure the accommodation if it appears to be insecure.
- We will take reasonable care when accessing any accommodation.
- Pets stated on the booking are allowed to stay on the park.
- If you are bringing your pet please provide its own bedding
- Pets are not allowed on the static caravan seats or beds under any circumstances
- Pets are not permitted (Except guide dogs) within the amenity building or shop whatsoever.
- Dogs must be kept under control and must remain on a lead at all times whilst on the park.
- Dogs are only allowed off the lead in the dog exercise area where you will find waste bags and bins for your use.
- Fouling must be picked up immediately
- Overly vocal or aggressive dogs are not permitted and we reserve the right to ask owners to remove them from the Park without a refund.
- Pets must not be left unattended in your vehicle, tent, caravan, motorhome, campervan or Static Caravan at any time. The RSPCA will be called should this occur.
- We will allow you to stay with us for the duration of your booking for holiday and recreational purposes, provided you comply with your obligations in these Terms and Conditions and except where exceptional circumstances prevent us from doing so.
- Our full Health and Safety policy and Emergency Action Plan are available for inspection in Reception.
Your Promises to us
- You agree that you will:
- Keep to these Terms and Conditions and the Park Rules.
- Stay with us only for holiday and recreational purposes.
- Pay promptly for your holiday and other charges due to us.
- Not cause any damage during your holiday.
- Not do or fail to do anything which might put us in breach of any condition of the Site Licence, which is always available on the Park in a conspicuous place. For example, the conditions of the Site Licence which may affect you include those requiring the space between caravans and other structures to be kept clear, those prohibiting combustible structures, those regarding car parking and those requiring the underside of caravans to be kept clear.
- Not make any alteration to any accommodation or Pitch.
- We are a family site and respectfully request that noise is kept to reasonable levels after 8:00pm. We expect the site to be quiet after 10:30pm and before 09:00am the following morning in order to maintain the quiet enjoyment of the site by other guests. Please refrain from shouting/screaming and the playing of loud music after 8:00pm.
Drones / Remote Aeroplanes / Helicopters
- We For Health and Safety Purposes, the use of drones, remote aeroplanes, helicopters is NOT permitted
- Water is a precious and expensive commodity and your pitch price includes the use of water for domestic consumption, hygiene, cooking and washing only. It does not include the use of running hosepipes for the washing of caravans, motorhomes, campervans, vans, cars, motorcycles or bicycles. Blatant disregard of this reasonable request will incur a £10.00 surcharge.
- We do permit BBQ’s but providing they are clear of the ground by at least 9”. If less than 9” or you are in doubt, ask a Warden for some blocks to avoid burning the grass. P
- lease do not place hot pans or pour hot water or chemicals on the grass, as it will leave a permanent scar for the remainder of the season.
Open Fires & Fire Pits
- In the interest of safety, the risk of burns and the spread of fire to adjoining pitches, open fires (including burning wood on the top of your BBQ) are not permitted at any time. Please do not ignore this polite request, as it will be regarded as a serious breach and you will be asked to leave the Park immediately and without a refund.
Fire Safety Equipment
- We have numerous fire points strategically placed round the park that are fully maintained by us for your protection.
- In the event that you need to use an extinguisher to put out a fire, please notify an emergency warden as soon as possible and if required telephone the emergency services.
- The cost for the replacement of the fire extinguisher will need to be met by the person needing the assistance where it is clear that the fire was due to their faulty equipment or negligence.
- All visitors MUST report to Reception before joining you and to sign in with their names and vehicle details.
- There is a Visitor car charge per additional car.
- All guests must park their vehicle in the visitors’ car park and are not permitted to stay beyond 10:00 pm
- We agree that any letters or other communications between us shall be sent using the details for us in these Terms and Conditions and for you using your booking details. Email may be used.
- We are confident you will be happy with our service. If you have any complaint, we encourage you to discuss it with us as soon as possible as this gives us the best chance of resolving it with you. If you remain unhappy, please contact us again within 28 days of your departure and we will endeavour to help.
- The information you have supplied upon booking will be stored on computer for administrative purposes. Under no circumstances will this information be provided to a third party. We may from time to time wish to send you news of special offers on our park. If you do not wish to receive any communication from us, please inform us as soon as possible. For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1984 the Booking signifies your assent to these terms.