Stamp duty pause mirrors park home rules
Posted on 3rd August 2020
Taking the decision to leave a much-loved family home is one not to be taken lightly, but for many making the move to a new home that requires less maintenance and is part of a friendly community holds much appeal.
If you are in the situation where your parents, or older relatives, are looking to downsize and they have enlisted your help, choosing a park home could bring a number of benefits that you may not be aware of;
• Our homes are very low maintenance. They require little outside maintenance, have smaller gardens to manage and are designed with easy to clean interiors.
• Single storey living means access throughout the home is much easier, particularly for those with limited mobility. For those who require added assistance, modifications to the home can be made at the time of purchase, such as ramps, lowered kitchen work surfaces and bathroom adaptations.
• Our homes are on friendly, gated communities. You can be assured that there will always be a helpful neighbour on hand should you need one.
• The costs of buying a park home are typically lower than a bricks and mortar home meaning many can downsize, be mortgage free and release equity from their home to enjoy in retirement or later life. Furthermore, there is no stamp duty to pay when purchasing a park home.
• Park homes can be gifted to a member of the owners family (be that blood relative or in-law) giving flexibility to pass on the home should the need arise, whether this be through personal choice or the necessity to ensure the asset stays within the family.
Marie Hanby, Marketing Manager, Serenity Parks commented; “We see many parents seeking the advice of their family before making a decision and understand that it can be a difficult decision to make for everyone. However, residents who have chosen to make the move, simply fall in love with their new homes, the simplicity of the lifestyle it brings and the community spirit and friendliness of our parks.”
There are a limited number of homes left to buy at Kingsdown Meadow park near Sevenoaks in Kent. Four stunning show homes are open, simply call 0800 644 4499 to arrange a viewing. Further parks across the UK will be announced in the coming months.