Return to Kent made easy with brand new home
Posted on 1st July 2021
… but can be just as much fun as searching for a bricks and mortar property.
It’s fair to say that we’ve got considerable experience of helping people make their park home dreams come true, so here are our top ten tips to help you make the right decision.
1. Research your location – It is important to make sure that you have things you require to hand whether that’s shopping facilities, or access to hobbies and countryside if you enjoy a particular sport, or going for walks from your doorstep
2. Choose a home that suits your needs – We have a number of providers who offer varying layouts and design options. We recommend that you take a look at all of them so you can decide which works best for you
3. Chat to your prospective neighbours – They can impart lots of useful information to you, not only about the process, but also about life on the park
4. Take legal advice – Just with any property transaction we would recommend that you appoint a solicitor to handle the purchase and any associated sale that is funding your park home
5. Research additional costs – Typically, there aren’t many additional costs, but you will need to be aware of things like gas costs, park maintenance and pitch fees etc
6. Consider your new lifestyle – Many people choose a park home to downsize and enjoy a simpler life. Ensure that you will be able to streamline your life to suit your new home
7. Ownership and future sales – Take the time to understand how the future sales process works should your circumstances change. However, pleasingly, you can now gift your park home
8. Check the age limit on the park – We often accept residents from age 45 upwards however some have higher limits. It’s worth checking this before you visit parks
9. Decide how you will pay for your home – Typical mortgages are not able to be used for park homes however, should finance be required there are some specialist companies that can offer advice and support
10. Find out about warranty – All the homes we provide come with a 10-year warranty, but it’s worth checking this out before signing on the dotted line
Remember that our team on site and at our head office are here to help in any way that we can, simply get in touch.Get in touch
Plot 8 has been reserved and will accommodate a fully furnished customised park home on Kingsdown Meadow Residential Park.
Plot 15 has been reserved and will accommodate a fully furnished customised park home on Kingsdown Meadow Residential Park.
Take a tour of your perfect park home. Select from our homes drop-down below then hit Go to experience an interactive virtual tour.GO